Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

PUMP UP THE JAM!!!!

After my awesome score of canning jars, I am excited to start canning. I started with strawberry jam and have blackberry jam to try as well. Here is a step by step of my process....


Here are all of the jars, lids, pectin, etc.





All of the pots on the stove...we have the pot that the jars are being sterilized in, the pot that the lids and seals are being sterilized in and the water bath canner...uh oh where am I going to cook the jam???? I finally turned on the jenn aire and put the griddle on it and moved the pot that the jars are in to be on top of it to keep it very hot.
 This is the 4 1/2 pounds of strawberries when they are cut and waiting to be mashed.

Mashed and ready to go.

Once there is room on the stove, they make it into the pot.
Here's the tons of sugar and pectin and lemon juice ready to be mixed with the strawberries.

All mixed together and cooking away.
Here is the aftermath of filling the jars.
The jars right out of their hot bath.
The pic of all the jars. WOW there was much more jam than I thought there would be.
When Aunt Lisa visited, we finally tried some and boy it was YUMMY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment